- Section 43A of the Information Technology Act, 2000;
- Regulation 4 of the Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Information) Rules, 2011 (the “SPI Rules”);
- Regulation 3(1) of the Information Technology (Intermediaries Guidelines) Rules, 2011.
- The type of information collected from the Users, including Personal Information (as defined in paragraph 2 below) and Sensitive Personal Data or Information (as defined in paragraph 2 below) relating to an individual;
- The purpose, means and modes of collection, usage, processing, retention and destruction of such information; and
- How and to whom Docscampus Learning will disclose such information.
- We have implemented reasonable security practices and procedures that are commensurate with the information assets being protected and with the nature of our business. While We try our best to provide security that is commensurate with the industry standards, because of the inherent vulnerabilities of the internet, We cannot ensure or warrant complete security of all information that is being transmitted to Us by you.
- The type of Personal Information (including Sensitive Personal Data or Information) that Docscampus Learning collects from the Users;
- The purpose of collection, means and modes of usage of such Personal Information by Docscampus Learning;
- How and to whom Docscampus Learning will disclose such information;
- How Docscampus Learning will protect the Personal Information including Sensitive Personal Data or Information that is collected from the Users; and
- How Users may access and/ or modify their Personal Information.
Types of Information
- “Sensitive Personal Data or Information” means Personal Information of any individual relating to password; financial information such as bank account or credit card or debit card or other payment instrument details; physical, physiological and mental health condition; sexual orientation; medical records and history such as prescriptions uploaded by the User; biometric information; any detail relating to the above as provided to or received by Docscampus Learning for processing or storage. However, any data/ information relating to an individual that is freely available or accessible in public domain or furnished under the Right to Information Act, 2005 or any other law shall not qualify as Sensitive Personal Data.
Collection of Information
- A User may have limited access to the Website and utilize some of the Services provided by Docscampus Learning without creating an account on the Website. Unregistered Users can access some of the information and details available on the Website. In order to have access to all the features and benefits on our Website, a User may be required to first create an account on our Website. As part of the registration process, Docscampus Learning may collect the following categories of Personal Information from the Users (hereinafter collectively referred to as “User Information”):
- User ID;
- Email address;
- Address (including country and ZIP/postal code);
- Phone Number;
- Password chosen by the User;
- Valid financial account information; and
- Other details as the User may volunteer.
- Docscampus Learning may keep records of telephone calls received and made for making inquiries, orders, or other purposes for the purpose of administration of Services.
- Internet use: Docscampus Learning may also receive and/or hold information about the User’s browsing history including the URL of the site that the User visited prior to visiting the website as well as the Internet Protocol (IP) address of each User's computer (or the proxy server a User used to access the World Wide Web), User's computer operating system and type of web browser the User is using as well as the name of User's ISP. The Website uses temporary cookies to store certain data (that is not Sensitive Personal Data or Information) that is used by Docscampus Learning and its service providers for the technical administration of the Website, research and development, and for User administration.
- The Website enable User to communicate with other Users or to post information to be accessed by others, whereupon other Users may collect such data. Docscampus Learning hereby expressly disclaims any liability for any misuse of such information that is made available by visitors in such a manner.
- We will collect certain non-personal information relating to your use of our Website. For example, when you visit our website or use our mobile application, we may log certain information such as your IP address, browser type, mobile operating system, manufacturer and model of your mobile device, geolocation, preferred language, access time, and time spent. We will also collect information about the pages you view within our website or mobile applications and other actions you take while visiting our website and mobile applications. This will help us personalize your experience on our website and mobile applications. We may use third party services that may collect information used to identify you.
Use of Information
Docscampus Learning will retain User Information only to the extent it is necessary to provide Services to the Users. We may hold and retain the information collected by us for a period of 7 (seven) years from the date of such collection or as required to comply with the legal or regulatory obligations, including applicable tax laws. When we no longer need your information collected, we will remove the same from our systems. If we keep the information for a longer duration, it would be for the sole purpose to satisfy the legal, contractual or regulatory obligations. The information which Docscampus Learning collects from you may be utilized for various business and/or regulatory purposes including for the following purposes:
- Registration of the User on the Website;
- Processing the User’s orders/ requests and provision of Services (including provision of safe Services);
- Completing transactions with Users effectively and billing for the products/ Services provided;
- Technical administration and customization of Website;
- Ensuring that the Website content is presented to the Users in an effective manner;
- Delivery of personalized information and target advertisements to the User;
- Improvement of Services, features and functionality of the Website;
- Research and development and for User administration (including conducting user surveys);
- Non-personally identifiable information, exclusively owned by Docscampus Learning may be used in an aggregated or non-personally identifiable form for internal research, statistical analysis and business intelligence purposes including those for the purposes of determining the number of visitors and transactional details, and Docscampus Learning may sell or otherwise transfer such research, statistical or intelligence data in an aggregated or non-personally identifiable form to third parties and affiliates;
- Dealing with requests, enquiries, complaints or disputes and other customer care related activities including those arising out of the Users’ request of the Services and all other general administrative and business purposes;
- In case of any contests conducted by Docscampus Learning in which the User participates, the User Information may be used for prize fulfillment and other aspects of any contest or similar offering;
- Verification of identity of Users and perform checks to prevent frauds; and
- When you send an email message or otherwise contact Docscampus Learning through its Website, Docscampus Learning may use the information provided by you to respond to your communication. Docscampus Learning may also archive such Information and/or use it for future communications with you to inform you regarding updates, newsletters, offers, new services and promotions.
- We may also use the non-personal information collected for marketing purposes.
Disclosure and Transfer of Information
Docscampus Learning makes all User Information accessible to its employees and data processors only on a need-to-know basis. All Docscampus Learning employees and data processors, who have access to, and are associated with the processing of User Information, are obliged to respect its confidentiality.Non-personally identifiable information may be disclosed to third party ad servers, ad agencies, technology vendors and research firms to serve advertisements to the Users. Docscampus Learning may also share its aggregate findings (not specific information) based on information relating to the User’s internet use to prospective, investors, strategic partners, sponsors and others in order to help growth of Docscampus Learning's business.Docscampus Learning may also disclose or transfer the User Information, to another third party as part of reorganization or a sale of the assets or business of a Docscampus Learning corporation division or company. Any third party to which Docscampus Learning transfers or sells its assets will have the right to continue to use the Personal Information and/ or other information that a User provide to Provided further that, it is our practice to seek appropriate protection for such information in these types of transactions.Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
- To service providers appointed by Docscampus Learning for the purpose of carrying out Services on Docscampus Learning’s behalf under contract. Generally, these contractors do not have any independent right to share this information, however certain contractors who provide Services on the Website, including the providers of online communications services, will have rights to use and disclose the Personal Information collected in connection with the provision of these services in accordance with their own privacy policies.
- To our affiliates in India who may use and disclose your information for the same purposes as us.
- If otherwise required by an order under any law for the time being in force including in response to enquiries by government agencies for the purpose of verification of identity, or for prevention, detection, investigation including cyber incidents, prosecution, and punishment of offences.
- In case of contests conducted by Docscampus Learning in which the User participates, the concerned User’s information may be disclosed to third parties, also be disclosed to third parties to the extent necessary for prize fulfillment and other aspects of such contest or similar offering.
- We may share your information with authorized third parties, for instance, our business partners, payment gateways, financial institutions, or postal/government authorities for processing your transaction.
Retention of Information
- Part of the functionality of the Website is assisting the Sellers to maintain and organize such information to effect sale and purchase of products. Docscampus Learning may, therefore, retain and submit all such records to the appropriate authorities, or to Sellers who request access to such information.
- The Website is also designed for assisting the Users to access information relating to their requirements. Docscampus Learning may, therefore, retain and submit all such records to the relevant Users.
- Docscampus Learning will also ensure that User Information is not kept for a period longer than is required for the purposes for which it is collected or as required under any applicable law.
Links to Third-party Advertisements
- The links to third-party advertisements, third party websites or any third party electronic communication services (referred to as “Third Party Links”) may be provided on the Website which are operated by third parties and are not controlled by, or affiliated to, or associated with Docscampus Learning unless expressly specified on the Website.
Security Practices and Procedures
- Docscampus Learning adopts reasonable security practices and procedures to include, technical, operational, managerial and physical security control measures in order to protect the Personal Information in its possession from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
- Docscampus Learning takes adequate steps to ensure that third parties to whom the Users’ Sensitive Personal Data or Information may be transferred adopt reasonable level of security practices and procedures to ensure security of Personal Information.
- For any loss or theft of Information, due to unauthorized access to your device through which you use the Website, errors in transmission, or other causes beyond our control or other reasons solely attributable to you, Docscampus Learning shall not be held liable or responsible under any circumstance Further, Docscampus Learning shall not be responsible for any breach of security or for any actions of any third parties or events that are beyond Docscampus Learning’s reasonable control including but not limited to acts of government, computer hacking, unauthorized access to computer data and storage device, computer crashes, breach of security and encryption, poor quality of Internet service or telephone service of the user, etc.
- You hereby acknowledge that Docscampus Learning is not responsible for any intercepted information sent via the internet, and you hereby release Us from any and all claims arising out of or related to the use of intercepted information in any unauthorized manner.
- We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Information submitted to us, both during transmission and once We receive it. The third-party service providers with respect to payment gateway and payment processing are all validated as compliant with the payment card industry standard (generally referred to as PCI compliant service providers).
User's rights in relation to their personal information collected by Docscampus Learning
- In case the User does not provide his/ her information or consent for usage of Personal Information or subsequently withdraws his/ her consent for usage of the Personal Information so collected, Docscampus Learning reserves the right to discontinue the services for which the said information was sought.
- You agree that you will not submit any false information or any illegal or damaging content to the Website. Docscampus Learning reserves the right to terminate access to or the ability to interact with the Website in response to any concerns Docscampus Learning may have about false, illegal, or damaging content, or for any other reason, in its sole discretion.
- Every User is entitled to the following:
Please note that we reserve the right to charge a small fee from you for this Service towards our administrative costs for complying with any of the aforementioned request(s).
- Right to access personal information. The User shall have the right to request Docscampus Learning for copies of your personal information.
- Right to be forgotten. The User shall have the right to request that We erase your Personal Information if it is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or processed. We will take reasonable steps to inform controllers that User requested erasure of any links to, or copy of, that Personal Information.
- Right to restrict processing. The User shall have the right to request that Docscampus Learning to restrict the processing of his/her Personal Information, under certain conditions as per applicable law.
- Right to object to processing. The User shall have the right to object to us processing of your personal information, under certain conditions as per applicable law.
- The right to data portability. The User shall have the right to request that we transfer the personal information that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions as per applicable law.
Limitation of Liability
- Docscampus Learning shall not be responsible in any manner for the authenticity of the Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Data or Information supplied by the User to Docscampus Learning or any Seller. If a User provides any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete (or becomes untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete), or Docscampus Learning has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, Docscampus Learning has the right to suspend or terminate such account at its sole discretion.
- Docscampus Learning shall not be responsible for any breach of security or for any actions of any third parties that receive Users' Personal Information or events that are beyond the reasonable control of Docscampus Learning including, acts of government, computer hacking, unauthorized access to computer data and storage device, computer crashes, breach of security and encryption, etc.
- The User is responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the User's account access information and password. The User shall be responsible for all uses of the User's account and password, whether or not authorized by the User. The User shall immediately notify Docscampus Learning of any actual or suspected unauthorized use of the User's account or password.
- When the User uses social media platforms and communicates to Docscampus Learning or about Docscampus Learning, the personal information and content you share is visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by other users. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to share or submit in these instances. For example, if you list your name and email address in a social media post, that information is public. Please take care while using these features.
Mode of Communication
- Docscampus Learning will communicate with the Users through email and notices posted on the Website or through other means available through the Service, including text and other forms of messaging. The Users can ask Docscampus Learning, by sending an email to [email protected] containing the rectification required.
- You have the option to 'opt-out' of all Docscampus Learning’s newsletters and other general email marketing communications by way of unsubscribing links provided at the bottom of each mailer. Docscampus Learning respects your privacy and in the event that you choose to not receive such mailers, it shall take all adequate steps to remove you from such lists. However, you will not be able to opt-out of receiving administrative messages, customer service responses or other transactional communications.
Complaints and grievance redressal
Docscampus addresses discrepancies and grievances of all Users with respect to processing of information in a time bound manner. We will redress the grievances of the Users expeditiously but within one month from the date of receipt of grievance, and who can be reached by:
- Sending a letter marked to the attention of “Grievance Officer, Docscampus Learning" or
- Sending an email to [email protected]